Wednesday 13 September 2017

Lots to share ,Lots and lots.


Hello everyone , I  have  been missing  for  ages ,due to a certain little lady, meet Effie our new golden retreiver.


She is 2 (last week) and is a rescue.Very timid and had not been walked off the lead at all  . She has settled  in  well and found  a corner of  our hearts that we share with our other goldies who are no longer with us.
As you can  see she has made herself very much at home.  None of our others were allowed on  the furniture ,but we   gave in  as she was so worried when we got her. A month in  and she is  off the lead in  the fields  and  comes when called,  it is  a joy to watch her bounding through the grass. Full of life and  happiness. She  is still wary of other people ,but now thinks  every dog is  a  friend  ,not got round  to playing chase yet but I think it will  come.
This one was  taken from the computer ,as  somehow it is not on my camera ,   Up in the fields,she likes  the sea but is not sure what it is, she paddles in the shallows  then lays  down  and rolls in it.  So funny to  see after out other swimming boys. We have booked her in to be spayed in a couple of weeks time. We are not allowed to breed from her and we  would  not want to. She has been very interested in  our friends  tortoise  that we looked after for  a few weeks.
Not quite sure what it was, but knew the routine of  getting  it out in  the morning and putting it away at night. I  think  she wonders where it has gone,as she keeps looking for it,
I  have done  a little stitching and have 3 finishes to show you.

JBW designs French Country Crow,
Promise Me by Lizzie Kate,made for  Kate our daughter to put on her desk at work,This I did whilst stitching along with Sally on our Lizzie  Kate Monday nights.
Christmas Rose by LHN. Now on to the wip ,I have a love of Jane Austen as some of  you know.so  just had to stitch this one by Lindys stitches.This was done on Friday nights ,with Sally as this is sheepie night.

I also have something else but that I cannot show  you as it is an Halloween exchange piece with Tina.That piece I am stitching on Wednesday night over at Needlecraft Haven .
Something else I have done this month is  needlefelting. I  bought a  kit from Krithinas Kritters  and here (or should I  say hare) us the outcome.
My moon  gazing  hare. I then thought I would try a couple more from out of a book    I have.
A retreiver  and  a penguin, the dogs legs  are a bit strange but practise will hopefully make me better . I bought a book ,oh yes you know  me  and  books but this  one is a doing book not a reading book lol.
So you may see more felties coming  at a  later date. I mentioned books hmmm  , should I tell you I have got more . These were my latest purchases.

Sorry it is  on  its side.Tilt the head to  one side.

My bedside pile  grows ever taller.I have a very dear  friend in Orlando who I was really  worried about as the Hurricane Irma  was projected  to hit there on  Sunday. I  think it veered left so maybe she was ok. Havent heard so I am praying  no news may be  good news. She kindly sent me  these 2 charts.
Looking forward to doing  these. I also gave in  and ordered 2 from  The Primitive Hare, I do love her designs.
Another Jane Austen  one . Then a Halloween witch one.
So I have put these in folders so I do not lose or use the threads. So much goodiness out there. I have got another 2 ordered that I am waiting for so they will be shown next time . I will leave you with another picture of the new addition ,and hope that I will catch up sooner next time. Meanwhile take good care of yourselves and this comes as usual with many hugs and much love. Barb x
Is  there  room  on  the chair for  2.

14 comments:

Vickie said...

Effie is just gorgeous! Good for you two. Good for Effie!! I had to laugh when I saw her on the furniture. ;) What wonderful projects you have lined up Barb! I too am wondering about our Barbara.

wranglerkate said...

Love your new golden girl! She is beautiful, and lucky to have been adopted by such a loving family. I hope you will continue to post more photos of her.

kjsutcliffe said...

Lucky girl - she has fallen on her feet :) and apart for helping her ease into her new life, I see you have kept yourself very busy, I've dabbled in needle felting this week too - rather enjoyed it, so think I will have to do some more :)

marly said...

Congratulations on your newest family member. Beautiful color she is, and quite a looker! Stitching looks good too but pups always steal the post.

butterfly said...

Effie is just beautiful .
How lucky to be part of a wonderful family .
Wow lovely stitching and stash , you have been busy hugs.

Christine said...

Effie is gorgeous!
Lovely stitching, and the needlefelting is awesome (especially Mr Penguin!)
I like the new P&P chart. I hadn't seen that one before

stitchersanon said...

I have four dogs, two of which are rescues. They are always a bit different to other dogs, with little quirks but that to me, makes them that little bit more special. I'm so glad your little lady has found such a wonderful new home. Amazing stitching projects. And you know my love of all things hare! It's wonderful!

Andrea said...

It looks like Effie has settled in very well. Great stitching and lovely new stash.

Julie said...

She's gorgeous, Effie does look very settled and enjoying a 'daddy' cuddle.
Pretty gift for Kate, I have that chart too to be stitched at some point - when the bug returns. Lovely ornament finish too.
Nice new goodies to keep you busy in the winter months.
love and {hugs} xx

Justine said...

You have been busy! Effie looks like she is settling in nicely.

Barbara said...

Oh my what a beautiful Effie. I know she has to be happy by the look on her face while lying on the sofa. She has found a home. I love the needle felting....I'm a chicken when it comes to things like that. Some beautiful finishes there and also some great patterns to begin.
Hugs from Orlando

Astrids dragon said...

What a sweet girl, how blessed you both are!
I love your finishes, they look great.
And your needle felting, adorable!

Sally said...

Effie is so sweet Barb! She looks very settled and contented.

Lots of lovely finishes and stitching there. Of course lovely new stash too! I have been stashing but will only be able to show one of them! Lol. I was restrained though as I could have ordered at least 2 more! I think I need certifying lol!

Your needle felting is lovely! Abi fancies having a go. We were looking at kits in Hobbycraft but she decided not to get one. Might be something for me to buy her for Christmas! I will show her yours.

See you later for our SAL xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely dog, a very lucky one to have found such a great home now.
Love the needle felted hare, that's a fun new hobby to try.
Eleanor Oliphant is a great book, I read it a while back and really enjoyed it. I shan't say too much more for fear of spoilers! But let me know when you finish it.

Hawthorns Scavenger Photo Hunt June

Well hello everyone ,super sets of photos last  time. Mine this time  again has been last  minute so shall we begin. The  words this month ...