Monday 22 June 2015

If you have a minute or two I have places to show you and things to see......

Hello my dear blogging friends, firstly may I thank those who left comments last time and for those new followers I see  I am so pleased to "meet "you. I have actually made myself some time to share my coming and goings with you and I hope you are suitably settled with a cup of whatever,I will warn you there maybe lots of pictures. So I will start where I left you last time with a glimpse of the water nymph at Pallington Lakes Sculpture Park. It was not  a warm day like the last time we were here but it was fine and we had the added bonus of this to shelter in or even light the woodburner if it got really cold.
The Riverkeepers hut, everywhere is really well constucted and all so clean and up market, Even the loos had dyson driers for your hands and granite tops.Would you like to see inside the hut, This is the far end . 
The shelf above the window ,held books on birds etc and playing cards and games. I loved the ceiling.

I forgot to take a pic of the other end dur, However it was imaculately furnished with 2 easy chairs and a woodburning stove. Blankets and throws on the chairs for use if need arose, The view of the river from outside ,we were hoping to see a dipper, I need to see one of those before I die. So hope I do not go anywhere just yet. You have guessed we did not see a dipper.
This person was looking at us through the trees,
We took a picnic and enjoyed that before setting off around the lakes and sculptures. We must have been here about the same time last year as the daisies were in flower again.Stretching into the distance.

Both sides of the pathway ,just a delight . At the end of the walkway was this.
So time for another cup of tea here.
No children or dogs allowed here and they only allow a max of 40 people a day. So very peaceful and so good just to breathe in tranquility. Lots of sculptures too many to show you here and acres to wander round. As I said lots of seating areas and all done to a very high standard. 
It was a Grand Day out! Of course it was made possible by Graeme and Sue as it was their Christmas Present to us. They have given us another day out for Martins 70th which is a trip to Southampton on the train and 2 tickets to see The Jersey Boys, as they play the Four Seasons music I am sure it will be wonderful. Kate and Iain paid half too.. They have paid for the complete package but I have to wait until August. Kate went to see them in Manchester and said it was brilliant. They are looking after Ollie for the day. Talking of said dog, here he is under the apple tree last week in the sunshine.

I was sitting in the summer house and he often lays opposite or on the step . Talking of the summer house do you like our new additions to it. We  saw these last week and they tweeted they would like to live in our garden.
The little blue bird was a gift from Michelle for my birthday and I though he looked quite sweet above the clock. The additions were the 2 bird pics , We have been really lucky with birds visiting us this year, I have to fill all 4 feeders every day. Talking of gardens ,birds etc , I finished my ufo with Miss Julie over at Needlecraft Haven and when I had finished it I knew just who should have it , My friend across the border in Devon ,June aka Butterfly Wings had a birthday and although I missed the day I sent this as an unbirthday present. So pleased I heard in an e mail She loved it. Do you want to see? .

I must admit I found it hard to part with, but to me it said June, she loves her garden and with all the sweet creatures etc on it ,it could not stay here. Here is the little cage  on the top left.



Sorry not good at taking close ups they go all blurry.I love the little ladybird on the leaf on the right hand side and all the little bees etc. I backed it with Rose fabric and found a little block saying Today is a good day.
I made myself a little scissor fob , Stitched over one on 32 count fabric Daybreak that Sally gifted me. The design is by The Little Stitcher and is called The little brown bird. 
I must be having a bird moment! Not mentioned sheep at all this time, there is one coming of course. A couple of years ago for my birthday Christine sent me a little kit to knit , It is called Heather and is a kit from Madebyewe. Anyway I was rooting through a bag looking for something else when I found the kit, So this last weekend the knitting  needles were found for this, That is what I was looking for, knitting needles, would you believe it I have "Lost" a fabric bag that I keep all my needles in and my mums that I inherited , so quite a lot of needles, Anyway it has disappeared into the cupboard of abandonment never to be seen again. So I played making a strange looking sheep called Heather.Thanks again Christine ,I bet you wondered if I ever did knit her ,well here she is, I had not realised that the place that supplies her is Broadwindsor craft centre ,which is not so far from us and I have been there often . For anyone who wants one she does online orders,just search for madebyewe.

Her jacket was a little large. Made out of all British Wool and even real fleece for the stuffing. However this is what I was going knit with the needles I could not find. 
So I sent for yet more needles to add to the ones I have not found and last night Sunday I started her head, she is not going to be a grey bunny though . My friend has just had a new grandaughter named Lily so I thought this could be Lily the pink like her and will be a little present if she looks anything like this when finished.
I seem to be rambling on yet again, I better show you wips and then call it a day.Or perhaps not !! Although a rather gruesome find on the beach I will share with you.We walked Ollie to his usual beach just after the rather windy weather we had recently and washed up on the shoreline were these.
EEEEW!! Jelly fish by the hundreds. Martin put his size 9s next to one and you can see how big it is. They do sting but not as bad as some , I did not realise that they can sting even if they are dead. They have all gone now but it was a strange sight and all out at sea you could see the sun glinting off them,Ollie did NOT go swimming that night. He stayed in the fields where it was much prettier.
The skylarks are in fine voice now and we get swooped on by swallows and swifts. We took a visit over to Portland on Thursday last and it was a beautiful day . We are so lucky to live where we do.
My childhood home about 6 miles from where we live now and I will maybe take you there again next time. Meanwhile stitching continues on Mondays  (tonight) with Sally and Hallowe'en stitching, In the Parlour with my maids on Wednesday. Shepherds night with Sheep on Thursday with Sally and Friday Christmas ornaments again with Sally. I will have to find another ufo to stitch with Julie.at the weekend. I will update you on all things crafty next week. Hope you have enjoyed the toing and froing and I will leave you with a few flowers I have on my table ,picked from the garden.
Enjoy your week and like me just keep rambling lol.
Hugs 
Barb,

12 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely post Barb. I enjoyed seeing all of the pics.

Linda

Vickie said...

There's Ollie! He is looking good.
Your little bird scissor fob is adorable Barb.

marly said...

Enjoyed the post very much!

butterfly said...

Love your post too.
Yes and love my birthday gift so much you are a sweet friend I will put it on my blog this week when I find time to blog , so much going on here at the moment .
Love the birds in the summer house how cute.
Love your little sheep and the sweet rabbit is cute too , where did you find your chart of the rabbit I would love to knit one for my little ones.
Happy Birthday to your husband for his 70th my Ron will be 70 too this year .
Hope you have a great time at the show.

Christine said...

That sculpture park looks wonderful Barb.
I love the present you stitched for June and the sweet little fob and it was so nice to see Miss Heather all knitted up :)
That's not such a big jellyfish, I've seen them wash up the size of dustbin lids, it's strange the way these things wash up by the hundred sometimes, we had a whole shoal of mackerel wash onto the beach here once, people were picking them up and filling carrier bags to take home!

Julie said...

Your day in the shepherds hut looks perfect, such a tranquil setting and how lovely they only let 40 people in each day.
Heather looks cute, I'm sure your needles will turn up now you've purchased more, usually the case.
Miss Bunny is adorable, I have had that chart in and out of the basket more times than I care to think, there is something sweet about the design and of course you know how I love a nice bunny ...... looking forward to seeing your version of her. (her male companion is nice too lol)
Great UFO finish, perfect gift for June for her birthday.
Ollie looks nice an cool in the shade of the apple tree and your gardens looking so magnificent, such a lot of blooms on your table you have gathered.
The beach looks splendid... happy memories...
love to you both x

Tina said...

Your garden is looking lovely,lovely roses.Heather looks lovely and the bunny you are going to knit is gorgeous,can't wait to see her done.
Looks like your time spent in the shepherds hut was heaven so peaceful and all those lovely sculptures,
Hugs xx

Justine said...

So many beautiful pictures! I love the gift you gave to June, it's just so perfect for her. Your sweet scissor fob is really pretty too.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lots of beautiful pictures. I was wishing I was there. Lovely stitching and knitting.

Carol said...

I always enjoy a post filled with nature, birds, and lovely stitching, Barb! Your gift for June is so sweet--I know she loved it!

Sally said...

What lovely photos from your day out Barb. Looks so peaceful and pretty.

Love your cute little sheep and your lovely scissor fob..

Very pretty gift for June. It is perfect for her.

Your garden is beautiful. Ollie looks very happy in the shade, bless him.

See you this evening for some Shepherd's stitching!

Jennifer M. said...

Loved your pictures. I love visiting gardens and peaceful areas. Your gift to June was beautiful. I saw it on her blog too.

That was a huge jellyfish BTW!

Hawthorns Scavenger Photo Hunt June

Well hello everyone ,super sets of photos last  time. Mine this time  again has been last  minute so shall we begin. The  words this month ...