Wednesday 29 October 2014

I am back after a long absence with lots to share.Be prepared

I hope I have been missed a little, as I  have been such a bad blogger. I have had issues with health things,nothing really serious ,but I have not felt like being a dismal Dora and sharing it all with you. Suffice to say I am back and have lots to tell you and pics to share. Before I start though I would like to say a big thankyou to those who sent cards and words of support ,you know who you are ,but to my special friends Julie and Sally and Tina who helped so much.
So now onward with the news from here in Weymouth.Oh forgot to apologise for lack of comments from me on your blogs, I have visited but just not felt up to commenting please forgive me.
I have some pics of a place Martin took me when I was in the throes of despair, I will share them with you but not today as they were taken in June. So maybe I will use those to brighten January days. I have also something else to share with you , Martin (and I)decided we needed a new summer house (garden room)so a before and after pic follows.
This was the dumping ground for all the rubbish and after clearing here is what we put there.
 It is just so nice to sit and read or stitch in here watching the birds or just being.This is from the inside To the left.

This is to the right.As you can see lots of books and knick knacks.
Martin put electricity in so we have a small radio and lighting out there too.
Of course there had to be a Jane Austen quote in there. I also found this one I really felt drawn to.
It reads, Happiness is like a butterfly,
The more you chase it,the more it will elude you.
But if you turn your attention to other things,
It will come and sit softly on your shoulder. 
The frame of mind I have been in seemed to suit the peaceful room so perfectly.
Of course I had a lovely new place to sit ,so only fair Martin had something too so he has a new shed and has his glass etc in there so he can work whilst I sit.
You will have to excuse the washing ,the new shed and Summer house sit almost opposite ,Dale the gardener has been again and laid a path so Barb does not get her feet muddy when wandering down the garden. So that has been our main project this summer and who needs to go away when you can laze at home especially in the summer we have had.
Kate dd,and Graeme ds,came with their girlies to  have a look.They approve!!
Sue ddil   had a bit of a squeeze to get inbetween but she managed. Of course I have to show you my gorgeous girlies but then I am biased.
We reckon Caitlin has a look of Jill Halfpenny what do you think.
 Now it is Autumn and I HAVE Spooky stitching to share. As you have seen by the header I have at last finished the Wordplay series . This was finished with the help of Julie and Mr Stick over at Needlecraft Haven and so I thought I would take a pic for you to see them all together ,just to prove I did it. December Wordplay finished.
Now as we are in the spooky week and Tina and I have done a private exchange I shall show you what I received from a very wet postman this morning. I am thrilled with it Thankyou again Tina, Sally will like this one too I am sure as yes it features a SHEEP!!
Of course I simply love it and I had few Trick or Treat packages to open too. The trick in the pic is the black and white threads -Tina had put the colour labels on the opposite one,which at first puzzled me as I thought the manufacturer had made a mistake ,I am of very little brain you see, Martin said hmmm I think someone has played a trick on you . Dur so then I got it. A little ghost chocolate lolly , and a spooky pumpkin pin completed a perfect package. Tina was getting a little worried as it took longer than she thought to get here, but it is here safe and sound.
Dont you just love those orange pom poms , all those stitches , Tina you are a star. Now I expect you are wondering what I did for Tina ,well I will show you.
I hung it on my chimney so you could see how it looked hanging. It is a Madame Chantilly design I have not got a clue what the Title of it is as it is in Italian perhaps someone could translate. Volevo un gatto nero!
This was the backing fabric. I got it from Plush Addict , they provide good service and stock some unusual fabrics. 
We have decided to make this an annual thing so we are putting the year on them in future. Cannot wait until next years spooky stitch exchange now. 
Talking of all things Hallowe'en , Sally and I are doing a Hallowe'en stitch along and have just started Wicked by Barbara Ana ,here is progress up to Monday lasts.
I think the cats may have green eyes ,not as pattern but I shall see when I get further along.I also had a very special giftie from my Martin, he made me this. to hang in the window.
I think she is A-MAZ-ING, he even gave her Dorothys red shoes.!
So that is almost all my spooky bits, just going to finish this part with a pic of my mantle.
I also have had another set of finishes ,again with Sally we stitched the 12 days by the Little Stitcher , I know Sally has shown you hers so here are mine.
Also I have had a finish in the parlour at Needlecraft Haven and this is Snow Trio.I made it into a mat to hold the candle DD gave me.

So I have not been totally idle, now onto Wips in progress if you are still with me ,WELL DONE!
I am stitching along with Miss Julie as i said and as I have now finished December I have another ufo that was a ufo restarted last weekend.
It is a bit blurry sorry, this is over one and its It will be a magical christmas with you by Lilli Violette.So hoping to get that finished before the big day arrives in a few weeks!!!!
Mondays you have already seen the spooky night with Sally piece.
Tuesdays are a new start Moonlight by LHN not enough of that to show you this time as I had the fabric the wrong way round and had to restart. That happened with the Wicked one too, what is wrong with me as so many false starts lately.
Wednesday I am in the parlour over at Needlecraft Haven and I am stitching Joy Love Peace by Country Cottage Needlecrafts.
Sorry about the angle of the tree it is straight really!!
I was stitching on a Stitchers Prayer but we decided that we should do Christmassy themed ones up until Christmas.  Here is where I have got to on that.
I am thinking this may need to be tea dyed as it looks very white at the moment ,I shall see when it is done.
Thursday is a private exchange for Christmas with Sally a christmas ornie so cannot show you that. 
Friday is Tricotine again with Sally (she does keep me motivated ,thanks Sally). I have had 2 bad starts on this one,first one fabric was wrong way round so would not have fitted,.secondly I got the girl done then snipped an away knot and snipped fabric too,tried using a thread from the side but wasnt happy,so Sally is way ahead and here I am with my 3rd time lucky girl.
Thats a bit blurry too. I was supposed to take part in a summer exchange over at NH but that was when things came crashing down all around me so Clare stepped in and stitched for Kate. This is what I had started and as yet it is still where I had got to. 
Kate sent me a lovely little patchwork bag and I felt so dreadful that I had not stitched for her. I did send her a little something later for her to stitch. I also had Martin make me this for Clare for stitching something for me.
I think for now I have bored you to tears,so I shall end this here as Ollie needs to go for a walk (we always know what time it is when he starts to stir)hope to get out before its dark. I shall catch up again soon ,I promise . Another apology to make for those of you who had birthdays in my down time sorry I did not send cards ,so here I am ending this as I started it apologising lol. Take care all and I hope your summer has been a good one. More catching up next time.
Hugs 
Barb.

21 comments:

butterfly said...

Barb , it is great to have you back with us, you have been missed.
Love all your lovely stitching .
And your sun house is beautiful, we were talking about having one at the top of the garden next year , yours is so lovely I can see you must love sitting ,stitching and reading in there.
Hope you are keeping well now hugs.

marly said...

Not bored at all. I am going back over the post for a closer look! What a darling summer house. Sweet! Glad whatever brought you down is over and you are feeling well.

Tina said...

Youve definitely been missed,your blog posts are always so interesting with fab photo's.
Thank you for a fabulous exchange and heres to the next and next!!
Love your summer house,so peaceful in there i bet.your garden is looking lovely too.
Fabulous wips and finishes,love the twelve days of christmas and the little girl.
Wow,Martin is so clever love the witch,i bet that was quite difficult and fiddly.
Hugs
Tina xxxx

Sally said...

Yay my lovely Miss Barb is back!!! So pleased to see you. You have definitely been missed. Such a wonderful stitch filled, newsy post. Your summer house is absolutely beautiful. Oh to be in there stitching along with you.

All your stitching is lovely and I love what Tina stitched for you in your exchange. Some lovely WIPs and finishes.

Lots of hugs xx

Vickie said...

Oh Barb! Your summer house is positively darling. And you have so many delicious projects! So glad Ollie keeps you going. =)

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your summer house looks like a great place to read, stitch, relax or just sit quietly and breathe.

Great finishes with all your stitching

Michelle said...

Oh Barb how lovely to see you back. I am glad you are feeling brighter. What lovely photos you have certainly brightened up a cold wet staffordshire for me today. Welcome back you were missed xx

Cath said...

Lovely to see you back again Barb. hope things continue to improve for you.
Beautiful stitches as always , and beautiful glass work too.
I am so jealous of your summer house ,maybe one day .....

Robin in Virginia said...

Welcome back! What a fabulous summer house! Know it will be enjoyed greatly.

Robin in Virginia

Hazel said...

What a lovely heartfelt post Barb. I am so sorry to hear you've had health issues. My blogging has been sporadic too and I have really missed the blogging community. I guess life just took over. Now I am really impressed with all your stitching but especially impressed with your new summer house! It is gorgeous. I want one now! Our garden is a mess and it would need levelling and I don't know what else but it is definitely something I will look into now so thank you for the inspiration. xxx

Linda said...

Great update Barb. Glad your back.

Linda

Julie said...

A very lovely post, full of wonderful things to see.

Love the new summerhouse, what a treat to sit in there and stitch or read, fabulous and peaceful and hopefully calming for the mind and body.

Super exchange you and Tina did, great designs you both chose for each other.

Love and {hugs} xxx

Clare-Aimetu said...

It's so lovely to read your blog - huge thank you for my angel it's gorgeous, I'm so lucky x x

Your new summerhouse looks amazing, you'll be very comfy sitting there stitching :-) great exchange from Tina too :-)

Maggie said...

Welcome back :-) I enjoyed reading your post :-) Tina was telling me about your Halloween exchange last night at our stitching group so i had a sneek peek at what she , stitched :-) you both did a great job.

I love your summer house, my DH wants to build one next year so I was pinching ideas, lol

Christine said...

How wonderful to see you back Barb!
The new summerhouse is fabulous and you (and Martin) have been doing some lovely work.
Naomi is doing A level Italian at college, she says it says "I always wanted a black cat"
Hugs!

stitchersanon said...

Glad your back and wow, fantastic post. Loved the stitching and wow..the summerhouse is gorgeous.

Andrea said...

Barb, it's wonderful to have you back with us again. Love the new summerhouse, I can see you and Martin enjoying many an hour in there. You have been very busy and there is lots to admire, wonderful finishes and WIPs.

Shirlee said...

Good to see you back & read about & see all you've been up to : )

Stitchabilities said...

I am sorry to hear you have been unwell, but boy what fantastic stitching. You always finish everything so perfectly. Oh I am so envious of your lovely summerhouse, what a lovely place it must be to sit and stitch in. xx Take care

Catherine said...

I am so far behind in my blogging ~ both writing and reading....it was so nice to see your post. Hugs to you and yours....love your summer house, absolutely adorable and comfy, cozy!

Carin said...

You are working on so many things, love them !
The 12 days of Christmas you finish beautiful !!

Hawthorns Scavenger Photo Hunt June

Well hello everyone ,super sets of photos last  time. Mine this time  again has been last  minute so shall we begin. The  words this month ...