Friday 16 February 2018

Oh My !! How did THAT happen.

Yesterday I reached 70 ,yes you read that right, although in my head I am nowhere near as old as that. However now I am living on borrowed time  if you know what I mean by three score years and  ten,I will have to get a move on and finish some of this accumulated stash  I have.  I have been very spoilt by the stitchers I have got to be friends with over the years and family alike ,although I have known the family a long time lol.
So shall I start with what the person that means the world to me and his present to me. He has heard me twittering on about Gingher scissors and I opened  a parcel by my plate one of three,one was from Effie.
  Effie bought me the book glasses  case ,now isnt she such a clever dog.It matches my handbag and purse. The scissors will go with the redwork bits I did last year. The main present was this though .Martin bought me the bracelet the safety chain and a charm that says I love you to the moon and back. He has had an expensive few days being Valentines the day before ,12 red roses arrived in a big M&S box along with a bear called
Bertie. I feel myself very lucky to be loved by such a man.
So this is the main present.
I did  know I was having this as he had taken me to get it a couple of weeks ago. I was not expecting the others I had though, he did say the children wanted  to know what they could get and I did say well if it was not too expensive they could buy me a bead for my great big birthday. So that is what they did. 
So left to right, the white daisy was from  mother in law, the large openwork one was from a certain Miss Julie, the pink hearts were from my best friend ,I had not realised until the girls told me that I have one heart and she keeps the other,as she hasn't a bracelet and probably had not realised herself I shall keep quiet would  not want to upset her.Next to that one is Snowflake from my daughter  and husband,a pretty heart is the next one although you can only see the point of the heart ,this was from Grandaughter Ella, next to that is the dog bone with I love my dog inscribed on the bead this was from Caitlin my other grandaughter along with other bits. The dog head was from Grandson Jack and his fiancee and the next blue one was from Son Graeme and his wife Sue. 
I will finish with family before showing you the stitchy goodness.This was from my youngest grandson who made it himself last week at Martins glass grooup. He is 11 and he was so excited to give it me.He had wrapped it well too and the sellotape was really challenging, I seem  to have had a lot of sellotape moments this birthday ,you know who you are out there. Anyway Alfie gave me this. 
A cross between a sheep and a dog , I was told though it is a black faced sheep . I love it. Sam the next grandson up bought me this, he chose it himself.
Now the other bit of my present from Caitlin , she said she just HAD to.
She is a sweetie , she said she could not not get me a sheep and as she has read all my other Jojo Moyes books she asked if she could borrow it when I have read it. So now grab a cuppa and I will share with you my goodies from friends.
I have told you about Miss Julies bead and she also sent me these.
I know the exact photo to go  in there, Catherine made me a coffee cake with sheep on ,they were a bit tipsy she said but they took a photo of the cake in front of me.. So my dear friend Julie, THANKYOU.
Next a very big parcel had arrived  and marked Fragile. Lots of packing and sellotape from Sally. Mind you I was thrilled with the contents.
Not only had Sally stitched this,a design I have admired in the past but she had covered a box too. The little black bird is just so lovely ,I have a red glass bird Jack gave me a few years ago so this will sit facing that. A beautiful card too and a badge Hmmm we won't mention the badge lol.Stitching friends like Sally for so many years now are such a joy to have in my life. We stitch along virtually every week  on 3 nights a week,sometimes  on the same thing ,sometimes not but always with the same theme or designer.Thanks Sally for your friendship
2 friends I have made through Needlecraft Haven are Clare who runs it and my whacky friend Christine,this is what I received from them.
Clare has made me this bookmark,knowing my love of  reading it will come  in useful.
From Christine ,a very different,very colourful hoop .
I think this certainly lifted my spirits on reaching 70.
Thankyou both so much.

I was rather taken aback by what my friend June sent me , she wraps things  so beautifully too . I will just show you how kind  this lady is.The card was made  by her friend  its gorgeous.
I just loved everything from  my friend  along the coast. I adored that sheep  picture the colours  are  so lovely,and it is  a sheep!! My love of all  things Jane was satisfied with a copy of Mansfield Park ,I am ashamed to say that it is one I have not read so that will  be rectified.June my friend all lovely and my thanks to you.
Lastly Lainey sent me a lovely parcel tissue  paper wrapped with sheep ribbon. She knows my love of  sheep ,I think  you all do. She also has a love of sheep  along with  Sally and so she knew  exactly what I would like.Her stitching is beautiful and I was  certainly pleased  with these counting sheep.
A sheep shopping bag and a sheep scarf complete the picture. So there you have it to all my family friends  my love and thanks,for making this  69+1 year old very happy and thankful.Forgot to say all the family went  out for  a meal last evening and  they very kindly tied a 70 balloon  to the chair.
I  will be back  next week with the photohunt  . Also soon after an  update on  stitching.. I have had  one finish though ,a pincushion  to match the needlebook. Design byLizzie Kate.

Take great care  all,  have a great week  and  if you would like to leave  a comment please do I love to get them. 
Hugs Barb.xx

15 comments:

Cindy's Stitching said...

Happy birthday. Beautiful gifts. Have an awesome weekend.🌻

Vickie said...

Happy Birthday Barb! You were showered with gifts!! God bless you. I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful year!!

Julie said...

Didn't she do well..... As the saying goes......... Lots of superb gifts to celebrate your big day.
Happy birthday my friend, much love. Xx

Clare-Aimetu said...

What lovely gifts to celebrate your 4 score and 10 - a great blog full of great gifts

marly said...

Happy belated birthday! It was obviously special with your family celebrating and friends remembering you with lovely gifts from the heart.

Bag End Gardener said...

Many happy returns :-) There is clearly much love in evidence in your photos.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Barb. I hadn't realised that it was a 'big' one for you. Having seen photos of you, it's hard to believe.

butterfly said...

Wow you are loved by friends .
Happy Birthday girl.
Enjoy all the lovely goodes , you are so blessed , hugs.

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Barb. I'm only a year and half behind you.

Linda

barbara woods said...

happy birthday , not over the hill yet I'm 76 and still making quilts

Shirlee said...

Happy birthday Barb!

Christine said...

Happy Birthday Barb! You got some beautiful gifts

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I just sent you an e-card in case you wonder where it came from!

You certainly received some wonderful gifts from family and friends. I love all the sheep and Christine's gorgeous pompom trimmed hoop.

Justine said...

Happy birthday Barb! You really were spoiled on your special day, I'm sure you deserved it!

Susan Smith said...

A belated happy birthday & big hugs from the lady down under. Take care.

Hawthorns Scavenger Photo Hunt June

Well hello everyone ,super sets of photos last  time. Mine this time  again has been last  minute so shall we begin. The  words this month ...